Mohandas Gandhi Aka Mahatma Gandhi Quotes:
- A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
- Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
- A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a
sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the
ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
- A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
- A policy is a temporary creed liable to be changed, but while it holds good it has got to be pursued with apostolic zeal.
- I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of
the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like
us cannot practice perfection, we devise every moment limits of its
compromise in practice.
- A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
- A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
- Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
- It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity.
have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old
as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a
scale as I could.
- A vow is a purely religious
act which cannot be taken in a fit of passion. It can be taken only with
a mind purified and composed and with God as witness.
- A weak man is just by accident. A strong but non-violent man is unjust by accident.
- Action expresses priorities.
- Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame.
compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take
on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender.
For it is all give and no take.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects,
unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth.
- Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always
aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon
the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
- An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
- An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.
More Famous and Enlightening Quotes
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
Lord Buddha (Buddha Quotes)
spiritual teachers - in Buddhism, in Islam - have talked about
first-hand experience of the world as an important part of the path to
wisdom, to enlightenment.
Bell Hooks (Enlightenment Quotes)
- It is not the number of books you read, nor the variety of sermons you
hear, nor the amount of religious conversation in which you mix, but it
is the frequency and earnestness with which you meditate on these things
till the truth in them becomes your own and part of your being, that
ensures your growth.
Frederick William Robertson (Meditation Quotes)
- If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
Mother Teresa (Mother Teresa Quotes)
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
Marianne Williamson (Forgiveness Quotes)
See the Levels of Consciousness
Quote Bank Page
Return from Gandhi Quotes to Famous Quotes
Return from Gandhi Quotes to True Enlightenment Home
If you found this page or this site helpful please donate to show your support. Free Gift: Proof of God